Get fingertip access to economic indicators online, and quick links to reported estimates, and see the full breadth of Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) data via BEA Interactive.
Visit the USPTO advanced Trademark Document Retrieval electronic portal to view, download and print of an array of information and documents for more than 460,000 trademark applications.
Visit the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP) Web site to identify $4.7 billion in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) grants that NTIA awarded to support the deployment of broadband infrastructure, enhance and expand public computer centers, encourage sustainable adoption of broadband service, and develop and maintain a nationwide public map of broadband service capability and availability. NTIA’s State Broadband Initiative (SBI) implements the joint purposes of the Recovery Act and the Broadband Data Improvement Act, which envisioned a comprehensive program, led by state entities or non-profit organizations working at their direction, to facilitate the integration of broadband and information technology into state and local economies. State progress reports are available on the SBI Web site.
Apply, File, Register and more...
OPUS allows users of the global positioning system (GPS), such as professional surveyors, to submit their GPS observations to NOAA via the Internet to obtain 3-dimensional, highly-accurate positioned coordinates.
The Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) allows you to fill out a form and check it for completeness over the Internet. Using e-TEAS you can then submit the form directly to the USPTO over the Internet, making an official filing online. Or using PrinTEAS, you can print out the completed form for mailing to the USPTO. It's your choice!
The USPTO Electronic Filing System (EFS-Web) is a safe, simple and secure electronic system for submitting patent applications and correspondence. EFS-Web is accessible via the Internet on the USPTO Web site. The system utilizes standard Web-based screens and prompts to enable users to submit patent documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) directly to the USPTO. Users may electronically submit most patent applications, reexamination requests, and other patent-related documents securely using EFS-Web. Users may also use EFS-Web to submit payments of most patent fees including patent application filing fees.
Applying for an export license is a snap with the Simplified Network Application Process Redesign (SNAP-R). U.S. exporters can submit export and re-export license applications, and commodity classification requests free of cost via the Internet in a secure environment. Applicants will receive same day acknowledgments of their submissions and obtain online validations (e.g. electronic facsimile of export license) from the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).
NAFTA Certificate of Origin - Let our new interactive tool walk you step-by-step through the process of classifying your export product and filing the NAFTA Certificate of Origin. Learn when and for what types of products this form is needed to take advantage of NAFTA trade preferences when exporting to Mexico or Canada.
AESDirect is the U.S. Census Bureau's free, Internet based system for filing Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) information to the Automated Export System (AES). It is the electronic alternative to filing a paper SED, and can be used by U.S. Principal Parties in Interest, forwarders, or anyone else responsible for export reporting.
Visit the NOAA Fisheries Permit Shop where you can currently buy initial and renewal permits for Atlantic tunas, update permit information, and report recreational landings of bluefin tuna.
If you get lost, help is on the way with the Emergency Beacon Registration System that enables you to register your ship, aircraft, and personal emergency beacons on the Web. This National Environmental Satellite Data Information Service application helps NOAA and other agencies to track people in distress.
File selected surveys and censuses electronically via the Internet using the Census Taker.
CommerceConnect is a one-stop-shop to help U.S. businesses around the country transform themselves into globally competitive enterprises, by connecting them with government information, counseling and services. It provides valuable resources for local businesses looking to grow and create jobs.
Use NIST’s free Internet Time Service to synchronize your computer clock via the Internet is through the operating system. Most operating systems (i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux) use the Network Time Protocol (NTP0 to automatically synchronize the system clock periodically. The NIST Internet Time Service servers listen for Network Time Protocol (NTP) requests and send the updated time to the operating system.
Commerce Services and Information on Federal Web sites
• Grants.gov provides information on Commerce grant announcements and grant applications. Grant applications are submitted online and transmitted to the appropriate Commerce office for consideration.
• Regulations.gov enables businesses and individuals to find and review proposed federal rules and regulations on the Internet and comment on their potential effects. All Commerce-proposed regulations and Federal Register notices are available for review and comment.
• Geodata.gov provides free access to most Commerce geospatial data sets, as well as information on planned future data acquisitions. Don’t pay for geospatial data that have already been collected and purchased by the federal government.
• Recreation.gov provides weather related information for all Federal recreation sites. NOAA-supported recreational locations are also listed on this site.
• GovBenefits.gov is a partnership of federal agencies with a shared vision to provide improved, personalized access to government assistance programs. It features Commerce benefit programs for citizens and educates professional benefit advocates about programs that may be appropriate for their clients.
• With Export.gov you can find trade leads, research overseas markets, or learn how to expand your business sales into foreign markets. Access the wealth of federal export assistance programs, services, and foreign market information available to U.S. exporters through the U.S. Government’s Export Portal.