- Monitoring and evaluating the selection, control, and evaluation of major IT investments, and recommending appropriate actions to the Secretary and/or Deputy Secretary
- Establishing goals for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department’s operations and the delivery of services to the public through the effective use of IT
- Developing and issuing IT policies and guidance throughout the Department, and monitoring and enforcing compliance with such policies and guidance
- Providing IT management and technical assistance services to the Office of the Secretary and designated operating units, and consultative services as requested by Department officials
- Representing the Department in interactions with the Office of Management and Budget and other federal agencies on IT matters, and participating in the activities of the Federal CIO Council.
OCIO Program Links
- Questions regarding this section may be directed to the CIO Organization Administrator